25 November 2006

seven sticks for jordan richardson



As Nick Snider (VNY) puts it, "she is in practically everything right now!" from Gap and United Colors of Benetton to the L'Oréal Vive Pro TV commercial and the SS07 Réyes presentation. The Virginia native chats with us about college, Chris Brown, and a very bright future ahead. Jordan Richardson (VNY) is just getting started.

How does it feel being one of the few models advancing diversity in the industry today?
It feels good... I have people telling me that I inspire them and it feels really good to hear it... So it feels good.

You've worked with Chris Brown for a Teen Vogue shoot before. What was he like?
He's actually really sweet... We're from the same state so we had a lot in common... and a lot to talk about... and he's really goofy so it was fun.

Do you have any role models? Anyone that you admire and aspire to be like?
I actually don't have any role models... I just do it because I've always wanted to model... from a little child... all the way up to now.

When you're not modeling, what do you like to do?
I'm mostly relaxin' around the house.

What's a typical day for you?
When I'm working... I'm either goin to castings or doin shoots... if I'm in Virginia... I'm either sleepin a lot or hanging with family.

Any plans of going to college in the future? If so, where do you want to go and what do you think you'll be majoring in?
Yea I wanna go to college for fashion because I wanna start my own clothing line.

You're on fire! You've been snagging campaign after campaign, commercial after commercial. Is there anything we should look out for next?
Vibe and Essence magazines in Feb. Gap Body, Levi's and American Eagle in the spring.

Photo credit VNY

Posted by ilovesecondhandsmoke @ 4:39 PM