10 December 2006

seven sticks for egle tvirbutaite



One of Major's major models is Egle Tvirbutaite, hailing from the land of Lietuvos Respublika. Towering at 5'10", she has attracted designers like Phillip Lim, Vivienne Westwood, Alice Roi, Junya Watanabe, and Alexander McQueen for the SS07 shows. She was also highlighted in an Italian Vogue editorial shot by Peter Lindbergh. This girl is just about ready to make her mark. Look out for her!

How old were you when you started modeling and what was it like for you in the beginning?
Ok my agent found me when I was 15 but I didn't like modelling much and I was really young, so I started to work as a model like 1.5 year ago. It was pretty strange for me to leave my parents and friends and to go somewhere alone, but in the end I really started to like it.

After leaving Lithuania, where have you lived and which of these places do you like the most?
I'm not living anywhere but Lithuania, because I still have school (my last year) but I've been staying for a while in NYC, London, Paris, Milan, Tokyo. I really like NYC.

You're still very young at 18. What else do you want to achieve in life?
My first thing what I want now is to finish school and then I would like to go to university.

What's your favorite movie?
Lost in Translation.

What's one thing that the average person doesn't know about you?
Maybe that I used to play the piano since I was five or that I love studying history.

What aspect of modeling do you enjoy the most?
I enjoy photoshoots. In my opinion it's very creative. And traveling of course.

How do you plan to celebrate Christmas this year?
I'm going to stay with my family in Lithuania. I'm so happy because I'll see everybody.

Photo credit Major

Posted by ilovesecondhandsmoke @ 12:38 PM