07 January 2008

1841 to 2008

I was at the Getty this past weekend with a friend who's visiting from another state and in one of the rooms, there was this one painting that caught my attention.

I thought to myself, "she looks like a certain model."


A portrait of Louise-Antoinette Feuardent
Jean-François Millet, 1841
Oil on canvas
28 7/8 x 23 7/8 in.





Guess who.






Johanna Gene Stickland, who's been noticeably absent in the past show season. Hmm, I wonder what's new with her.


Photo credits (top-bottom): The Getty Center, Women

Posted by ilovesecondhandsmoke @ 12:50 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Man, that's pretty uncanny!

Posted by Blogger George G @ 12:26 AM #
 

well, she also looks eerily like Saoirse Ronan, the girl in Atonement. They both have really disturbing stares.

Posted by Blogger An Upstart @ 2:37 AM #
 
<< Home